- Sanitary Engineer
- Annual Certified Delinquencies
Annual Certified Delinquencies
**** NOTICE ****
Ottawa County Sanitary Engineering Department
List of Unpaid Water and/or Sewer Rents and Charges
To Be Certified to the 2022 Tax Duplicate,
And Collected in the Same Manner as other Taxes in 2023
AFTER THE DEADLINE OF SEPTEMBER 12, 2022 (THE SECOND MONDAY IN SEPTEMBER):
Water and Sewer Payments are no longer permitted to be collected by the Ottawa County Sanitary Engineering Department for any Unpaid Water and/or Sewer Rents and Charges that will be appearing on the Upcoming 2022 Tax Duplicate, to be collected in the same manner as other Taxes in 2023.
1. Pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, the Ottawa County Sanitary Engineering Department cannot legally collect any certified Unpaid Water and/or Sewer Rents and Charges after the September 12, 2022 Deadline.
2. The Ottawa County Treasurer cannot collect these Unpaid Rents and Charges before the Property Taxes are mailed out in the early part of January. The Treasurer’s Office is not able to create an early Bill for a Charge that is not yet listed on their Records.
3. The Ottawa County Auditor does not collect Real Estate Tax Money.
4. In the event of a Property Transfer, the attached list of Certified Unpaid Water and/or Sewer Rents and Charges shall be placed upon the upcoming 2022 Tax Duplicate, to be collected in the same manner as other Taxes in 2023. The Sanitary Engineering Department, Auditor and Treasurer are not responsible for settlements between the Buyer and Seller at the time of closing.
AFTER THE SEPTEMBER 12, 2022 DEADLINE, THE FOLLOWING CERTIFIED
UNPAID WATER AND/OR SEWER RENTS AND CHARGES WILL BE PLACED ON THE
2022 TAX DUPLICATE TO BE COLLECTED IN 2023. THESE UNPAID WATER AND/OR SEWER RENTS
AND CHARGES CAN ONLY BE PAID IN THE SAME MANNER AS OTHER PROPERTY TAXES
DURING THE REGULAR 2023 TAX COLLECTION PERIOD.
Certified Delinquency Resolution 22-46